Revisit

Today I happened to visit B.V.K Iyengar road, which is the retiail hub of Bangalore! I am planing to buy a brass Ganesha idol about 2 feet, for my foyer! So I have been looking for it everywhere. And somebody suggested my SIL to check out in B.V.K Iyengar road, where you will find tons of choices and prices reasonable and affordable.

So we planned for today and left the house after lunch, it was rush hour, and added to that its Saturday, but still,we managed to get their at a decent time.

Oh My God! It's been such a long time, I visited this place...! And to my astonishment is it has not changed even a bit! It's the same narrow roads, lots of people walking, two wheelers not bothered even if you are coming right in front of them, huge trucks loading and unloading goods, and it's such a busy place that even to cross the road, you need to make space in between the moving vehicles, else you can keep standing not even moved an inch! The amount of dust, pollution, smoke from the vehicles, is all still the same! The rest of the city is so far off from these...getting better and sofisticated every day, but this road remained unchanged!

But I just froze, the moment I get off from the auto!! My Dad used always mention, about this place, "today I have to go to B.V.K Iyengar road for tuitions/ oh there was lot of traffic, from B.V.K Iyengar road until Chamrajpet, so I got home late.."! I used to hear it always!

Once there was a Hindi movie in Abhinay theatre which is on B.V.K Iyengar road, for which both my parents thought will go and they took us also! That's when first time I went there...! Today also I saw the theatre is still there, the same building, unchanged from outside!

The second time we went there for some shopping of "Brass utensils", which you can specifically find in that street, as its owned by retailers! That's when I actually got a taste of that road! My Dad was holding my hand the whole time, making way to cross and navigate the road. I tried to pull my hand, but he said, "No you will get lost in this mad rush"! I still feel the warmth of his hands! His hands were always warm!

We went to 5-6 stores, found many Ganeshas, but the one I really loved was out of my budget!! I was very disappointed but as I was coming back in auto, remembered what my Dad used to say, "Every thing comes at the right time and right place"! May be that right time to buy Ganesha still have not come yet..!

But visit to that place or I can call, revisit to this place....bring back those fond memories, the warmth of my Dad's hand, those innocent, small lovely moments, made me both happy and sad!

Though the road has not changed, but I have grown up, my Dad's warm hand is not there to hold me! But was very glad for this unexpected revisit to the place where I felt as though I saw my Dad again!!

Came back with a sever headache, feeling sad and happy! Had to change my dress, wash my face and hands, my SIL gave me coffee and I remembered again......when we used to come back...my mom used to go to change her Saree and then used to boil milk and then make coffee..! But my Dad would immediately go out, and I knew he would have gone for a quick "strong coffee shot"! He would come back and but when my mom used to give coffee, he would defently drink that also!!

I just got a smile remembering those moments and started sipping my coffee....!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Appa

7 Years !

Memories....