Self Made Man

Today is Appa’s ceremony! Completes, 3 years, since he passed away. He turned 91 years, this year, he was a strong man, except he fell ill, after, Amma left. He was/is a strong influence in my life. His principles and outlook about life has greatly influenced, just not to me, many people used to come and talk to him, listen to him and respected him a lot. His philosophies about life, the way he used to connect those, to real life issues, was amazing!

As he used to call himself as a ‘self made man’, which is one hundred percent truth. He lost his father at the age of four, and 4 years later, Appa’s grandfather, performed, thread ceremony, so Appa became eligible to perform yearly ceremonies of his father! Appa performed his father’s(my grandfather) ceremony until the last day of his life, every year, with so much of ‘Shradde’(dedication), bhakthi(devotion) which I haven’t heard or seen, in my life time.

Well, I like to explain, why am saying not heard or seen, because, Appa don’t have any remembrance of his father,  or any childhood memories and at that young age, on the tiny shoulders, had a mountain of responsibility to take care of his mom and a one year old sister! But still, he had unconditional respect about his father! Appa grew up, only listening to stories of his father, and developed respect and devotion towards him. Appa struggled to take care of his mom and performed sister’s marriage and had to take care of her family issues too! He educated himself to become a teacher, in which he was a very successful, very popular, teacher, which he really enjoyed the most! That’s,the reason he is a ‘self made man’! Though he struggled and yet made a very meaningful life on his own, still, all his life, he respected his father! Which is why I say, haven’t seen or heard, someone being so respectful for a person, who don’t have memories of that person!

Appa never questioned in his lifetime, nor felt why I should do! No matter what, he has performed the ceremony rituals every year, for 80 years, until his last day of his life, to his father! There were many times, he went through hardships, but he never stopped or skipped performing ceremony to his father!

And being daughter to such a awesome, terrific human being, I feel extremely lucky and blessed to have him as my Appa! Today, everyday, every moment, I bow down with utmost respect, love and gratitude to my dearest Appa and thankful to him for everything! I miss him terribly but am sure, he is watching us(my brother and myself), and hoping he is proud today, as his son, performed ceremony, and pandemic did not stop him, to show respect and gratitude to our dear most Appa!

Though it’s a sad day, but still a day to be remembered, respected, show gratitude and greatful, and cherished for an awesome, amazing man, Appa. Love you from bottom of my heart, you are the best ever, and will drink coffee in remembrance of you, which you liked the most!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Appa

7 Years !

Memories....